Sunday, December 2, 2007

Crunch Time...

Well as my first semester at Purdue comes to a close, the real fun begins. Entering dead week I have one thing on my mind...fitting all my flights in. I have eight days to fit in three flights and the FAA written exam. This doesn't sound so bad except, I also have to write a paper and study for the written test and for a non-related math exam. The big topic for me this week...time management.

As the current pilots no doubt know, this test is nothing to blow off. It has three parts: written, oral, and practical. Many pilots have stressed to me not to blow off the oral portion so I've been cramming for that, but on a flight earlier this week, I realized my maneuvers were a little rusty, so I've really been trying to hit those hard. Then I got to thinking the written part is what I'm taking in three days, I should probably study for that. My advice for student pilots...get started early! I've learned my lesson and I wouldn't wish this pressure on anyone.

If there is any advice out there on how to study, let me hear it, I need all the help I can get. Otherwise wish me luck and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

No comments: