Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Winding Down


We are now in our last week of school here at Purdue University until finals start on Monday. The semester is almost at an end and students are anxiously awaiting a well deserved break. My first semester of flying at the university went extremely well and it has been a great learning experience so far. I have also enjoyed discussing flying with other pilots by posting regularly on this blog.


Last Saturday I went through the final portion of my flying course, also known as a phase-check, and successfully earned an A in Commercial Flight I at Purdue. Completing the course was the most difficult part of the subject because it required that I had 49 hours of flight time logged before I completed the 1 hour phase-check. I was determined to get through the course before the last week of school so that I could mainly use that time to study for my other finals.


The weather on Saturday was becoming unfavorable towards the afternoon with a cell of freezing rain approaching from the west. I examined the weather and determined that it would be safe to proceed if we went west and flew until the weather started to hit. I was extremely grateful that everything went successfully and the examiner got the test done within the hour. It was only about 30 minutes after we landed that the freezing rain began to come down. Now I am ready to begin my second semester of Commercial Flight and am anxiously awaiting the day when I receive my Instrument and Commercial Certificates.

No comments: